Not ready to be a Big Brother or Big Sister? There are other ways to get involved!
Plan an Activity for our Littles – At Big Brothers Big Sisters we want to provide opportunities for our matches to spend quality time together, meet other matches, and learn a new skill or hobby. Do you or your group specialize in a certain skill that you’d like to teach our Littles? Do you have an afternoon to plan a kickball game or holiday party? Do you know of a great (kid-friendly) volunteer opportunity for our Bigs & Littles? We’re always looking for new activities for our matches!
Sponsor an Event - Don't have the time, but have the resources? Here are some of our Littles' favorite activities:
- Knockerball for 10 matches. A crowd favorite! (Suggested donation: $350)
- Light House Studio Film (Suggested donation: $400)
- Friendsgiving - our version of Thanksgiving for our matches (Suggested donation: $300)
- Family Dinners at a Community Center - We'll invite our Bigs, Littles and their families to break bread together at a neighborhood community center. If you can provide the meal, we'll find the space!
Event Volunteer – Our events could not happen without volunteers. Sign up to serve as a special events volunteer and receive periodic event emails. You have the opportunity to choose the events and times that work best for you. Tasks vary from event to event, but there are a number of volunteer opportunities including greeting event attendees, assisting with silent and live auctions, helping with setup and break down of events and more.
Host a collection drive at your office or community group
- Office Supplies - As a non-profit, there are certain office supplies that we go through at lightning speed: stamps, printer paper, mailing labels, colored construction paper, manila single-tab file folders, and of course k-cup coffee to fuel our team.
- School Supplies - Halfway through the year, students start running low on supplies. These include backpacks, crayons, and #2 pencils.
Check out our
Amazon Wish List
for an easy, but very important, way to support our program!
Board of Directors – Our board is comprised of engaged, passionate community leaders who use their experience and networks to help forward the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Board terms begin in January and interested individuals are encouraged to contact Athena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters in one of the above ways, or have questions, please contact us at